- Only active (Dues paid) members are eligible to enter competitions.
- All entries must be the entrant’s original work.
- For assigned subjects we will pull either a topic, photography genre, or creativity exercise out of a “grab bag” and in the following month, members will submit up to 3 images that we will discuss. We will not have any editing restrictions on the images.
Guidelines for Digital Photo Competitions
- Photos must be resized to no more than 1400 pixels on the long side for horizontal images and no more than 1050 pixels on the long side for verticals. Please make sure the colour profile is sRGB.
- Photoshop Elements – How to resize.
- Photoshop – How to resize. How to set sRGB.Each image file name should show 1) your initials 2) competition category and 3) image title (in that order). Use a dash between your initials, competition category and image title. Like this RC-CCCA-Blue Daisy This means you have to rename the file (picture) itself, not just include the information in your email.
The competition categories are:
- CCCA – Chilliwack Camera Club Assigned Subject
- CAPAO – CAPA Open
- CAPAN – CAPA Nature
- CAPAP – CAPA Portrait
- CAPAT – CAPA Theme
- CAPAFA – CAPA Fine Art
- CAPAAR – CAPA Altered Reality
- CAPAC – Canada My Country
- CAPA4 – A Series of 4 Photos
- CAPAM – CAPA Monochrome
- FVI – Fraser Valley Invitational
As an example – If Roy Chaplin were to enter a photo called “Blue Daisy” for Chilliwack Camera Club Assigned Subject the file would be like this RC-CCCA-Blue Daisy.jpg
Summer shoot only needs your initials followed by the subject and title. For example my entry for “Wild” would be RC-Wild-Marmots.jpg
All entries should be sent to the club email address address.
All images should be submitted as high quality JPEG