- Only active (Dues paid) members are eligible to enter competitions.
- All entries must be the entrant's original work. "Assigned Subjects" must be pictures taken after the subjects were chosen.
- Prints should be from photos taken within the last 2 years.
Rules for Digital Photo Competitions
- Photos must be resized to no more than 1024 pixels on the long side for horizontal images and no more than 768 pixels on the long side for verticals. Whether it’s a horizontal or a vertical the height can NEVER be more than 768 pixels and the width can NEVER be more than 1024 pixels. It doesn’t matter if it’s less than 1024 or 768 but it’s an advantage to have as large an image as possible as it fills more of the screen.
- Each image file name should show 1) your initials 2) competition category and 3) image title (in that order). Use a dash between your initials, competition category and image title. Like this RC-CCCA-Blue Daisy This means you have to rename the file (picture) itself, not just include the information in your email.
- The competition categories are:
- Chilliwack Camera Club
CCCO - Chilliwack Camera Club Open
CCCN - Chilliwack Camera Club Nature
CAPAO - CAPA Open
CAPAN - CAPA Nature
CAPAT - CAPA Theme
CAPAAR - CAPA Altered Reality
FVI - Fraser Valley Invitational
LGN - Lions Gate Nature
NSPC - North Shore Photographic Challenge
As an example - If Roy Chaplin were to enter a photo called "Blue Daisy" for Chilliwack Camera Club Assigned Subject the file would be like this RC-CCCA-Blue Daisy
- Submissions must be received no later than the Monday before the competition. All entries should be sent to Scott Secord unless notification of an alternate recipient is received.
All images should be submitted as high quality JPEG
Print Competition Rules
- A small print is any print smaller than 80 Square Inches (Print size, not mat size. Multiply width by height to get print size).
- A large print is any print 80 square inches or larger (8x10 is considered a large print as it is 80 square inches).
- All prints must be matted with either a black or a white mat. No colored mats and no frames! Pictures should have the photographer's name and the title of the photograph on the back in the bottom right corner. It should also have either an arrow pointing which way is up or TOP written at the top of the picture. You can use the same mat over and over by using tape to write on or using pencil. Prints can be any subject (Color or black and white and even digitally altered). One small and one large print per print competition please. All the above rules (Except the size rule) apply to prints entered for the assigned subject competitions.